We all love warm food during wintertime, but very often fall for the fatty options out there.
There is no need to sacrifice on taste when it comes to healthy foods. Here’s a healthy, warm meal that is fairly easy and quick to make.
- Fresh Parsley
- Filo Pastry
- 3 x Big Baby Marrows (Chopped)
- 1 x Red Onion (Chopped)
- 12 x Asparagus
- 12 x Rosa Tomatoes (Chopped in halves)
- 6 x Patty pans (Chopped)
- 1 x Clove Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 x Yellow Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 x cup Ricotta Cheese (Crumbled)
- 4 x Eggs
- Parmesan to taste (Freshly Grated)
Make it like this:
- Steam the Marrows, Onions, asparagus, patty pans and yellow pepper for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Line a ceramic or clay oven pan with a thin base filo pastry, scoop your steamed veggies in, and add the garlic, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Mix the 4 eggs with the ricotta cheese in a bowl and scoop with the veggies. Lightly mix everything and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Put everything in the oven at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry and cheese is golden brown.
- Finally, add some grinded black pepper, salt to taste, additional freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Yum, now I’m hungry… Enjoy!!
Let us know what you think, or what variations you made.
Also, please share this with your friends from our FANPAGE.
BON APPETIT !
For more quick, healthy recipes, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org