We have an outstanding team of qualified sports massage consultants in Cape Town.
Book your sports massage at the Fit4u studio (Table View).
Contact 021 556 05 24 (week ) or 082 854 9862 (weekends).
Sports massage is an effective and beneficial form of physical therapy, not only for active people, or those requiring therapy after a soft tissue injury, but also for those people seeking relief from muscle tension or requiring massage for the maintenance of healthy muscles.
The principle aims of sports massage are:
- Preparation for an event
- Enhancement of performance
- Prevention of injury
- Recovery after event
- Recovery during training and travelling Physical and Physiological Effects of Sports Massage:
- Stretches soft tissues (muscle, tendons and ligaments)
- Loosens and breaks down adhesions and mobilizes muscle fibers
- Improves flexibility and range of motion at joints
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation
- Relieves muscle tension and pain by aiding the removal of lactic acid
- Reduces non-systematic swelling (water retention and excess tissue fluid)
- Promotes healing by aiding in the removal of waste products by increasing circulation Sports massage can therefore be seen as a vital part of an active individual’s lifestyle.
The more the body is exposed to such treatment the more it is able to recover each time and allow for continuous training without needing excess time for recovery.